Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Goodbye winter .......... hello spring!

Yay - winter is finally over! I survived my very first Southern Highlands winter ......... and I'm still here to tell the story! OK so it may have been a milder than normal winter, but still it doesn't change the fact that I don't like winter!

Even though spring officially starts today, it started weeks ago with higher than expected temperatures for the last few weeks. I'm certainly not complaining. The blossums flowered far in advance of spring. We even had baby birds in a tree on our driveway a few weeks ago. Last week I was even wearing short sleeve t-shirts!

I am hoping that doesn't mean it will be a long hot summer, especially considering we decided not to put air con in when we put in our central heating. Either way, bring on the sunny days!!

No comments: